A Sustainable Solution
At Heritage Garden Upholstery, we do not believe in ‘throw away furnishings’ and adding to the ever-increasing landfills; we ensure our bespoke products are highly sustainable and produced in an environmentally friendly environment.
Our factory is a hive of sustainability:
- Purpose built, we moved in in 2017 knowing that the built specifications have ‘sustainability’ and ‘energy efficient’ in mind, including insulated walls, reducing the need for extra heating.
- We chose to invest in energy efficient LED lights.
- We made every effort to separate our rubbish in house, making sure recyclables were put in the blue bin which we paid to empty every week.
- The products we make are made of versatile, resilient fabrics with a long-life span, reducing consumer need.
- We offer repairs, wash and reproofs on existing work as an alternative.
- Any remnants of canvas are up-cycled into bags and other useful items.
- The remnants of the foam material used for the interior of our cushions is recycled rather than disposed.
- Our CNC cutting uses the ‘nesting’ method, which minimises the amount of material waste produced.
When you choose Heritage Garden Upholstery, you are investing into a long term commitment for your garden, as our products are not there to be thrown away after one season. Our creations are designed to last.